Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Fight for education


When I was in 3rd year, my parents found it really difficult to sustain my education in UA&P. Stopping for a sem or two is an option. I told my close friends in school about it and they had several advice. Marose Anatalio, who is a scholar, told me to try applying for scholarship. At that moment, the idea of myself, a mediocre student, applying for such is unthinkable. Little did I know that scholarship wasn't limited to the super intelligent and gifted students. There are different kinds. 


In UA&P there are two general scholarship categories. 

A. Merit scholarship - this is for the extremely bright UA&P college students who can maintain a certain average. Grants of such can vary. This means a merit scholar can have a 100% tuition fee grant or other arrangement depending on what was approved by the school. Interesting enough, some scholars (I think those who are in full scholarship) are even given monthly stipends.

B. Financial Aid -  this is for those who can't/ don't reach the required merit scholarship average grade but are in need of financial support. Of course there are other criteria that must be met. For instance, it has to be proven that the family's finances indicate that there is such a need for an aid. Academic competence and positive interview evaluation are also used as a gauge for approval. 

Anyway, for the nitty gritty details on how to apply for scholarship, you can just visit UA&P's website at www.uap.edu.ph. 

The point of my article is this: scholarship is not limited to those who are intellectually gifted. For those in need of a support, go and fight for education! There are a lot of ways and applying for a scholarship is one of it. Goodluck! 

6 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    honestly speaking, i planned to apply for the scholarship program of UA&P..it's ok whether the school will grant me 50% or 25% less in the tuition fee because this percentage will help me a lot. we know that our tuition fee is higher compared to other universities..but i think twice, and i ended up not applying for the scholarship..i was scared because i thought that the school only grant the scholarship for those intelligent students. reading this article reminded me of the decision that i made 3 years ago.. i wish i could turn back time, and do what i planned to do..
    Anonymous said...
    actually, i think it's easier to be a financial aid scholar cause there is not much pressure on the grades.
    Anonymous said...
    i agree that it's easier to be a financial aid scholar because they don't have to maintain a certain grade, all they have to do is to pass all of their subjects.
    Anonymous said...
    i used to be aloof with scholars because i think im bobo. but when im with them, they influence me a lot. becasue of them, i became diligent in my studies.
    App Development Company India said...
    It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.
    Lea Paige Matteo said...
    How Mr Benjamin Lee service  grant me a loan!!!

    Hello everyone, I'm Lea Paige Matteo from Zurich Switzerland and want to use this medium to express gratitude to Mr Benjamin service for fulfilling his promise by granting me a loan, I was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never succeeded and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, I was introduced by a friend named Lisa Rice to this funding service and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 5 working days just like my friend Lisa, I was also granted a loan of $216,000.00 So my advise to everyone who desires a loan, "if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 1.9% rate and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact this funding service. Besides, he doesn't know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, I'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on { lfdsloans@outlook.com} or Text through Whatsapp +1-989 394 3740.

Post a Comment



Powered By Blogger